Saturday, September 30, 2006

Days in the village.....

Many of you had probably asked me why i didn't blog for a long long time... I would normally credit it to laziness but most importantly life in a city is not much of a difference. Being right here in the Hollland had certainly stirred up so much thoughts that I need to record here.....

Day 1 27 Sep (Wed)
After an hour of drive, we arrived to Alkmaar (north of Amsterdam) to a quint town to be greeted by a huge red and black soccer stadium standing across the street from the red rubbish incernrator. Then we drove further past the city centre and past some nice neighbourhood and finally arriving at Sander's parents' apartment which really resembles our HDB flat with a carpark in the middle.

Having missed the fresh air of Holland, Sander wanted to walk the dog before dinner and so we did. That damm Chiwawa was not at all friendly to us but since we were bringing it to a walk, it gladly came along. We walked around the block and only 10m down the path, I saw cows n sheeps n ducks n a windmill!!!

"This is a village," I thought and I am going to marry a VILLAGE BOY !!! Aiyo ultimate scary thought!!

N that is not all.... After dinner we were supposed to go to a friend's house for coffee and as Sander had pre-warned me, we were going to get around on the bicycle. His mum had kindly agreed to lend me hers through this period.

URGHHhhhh.... The bike was bloody big! considering that her mum isn't taller than me! I couldn't reach the bike seat with tip toeing and since it was dark, I didn't dare to ride. So, Sander laughing said that it was his fault for over estimating me so offered to bring me along at the back of his bike.

He said, along the way, that he felt the ride was sweet that he could were close and he felt good having me cling on to him so tightly ... poo~ Tian mi mi is a fake and overly romantised movie. Imagine you are cold, can't see the road and trying to balance your ass on that hard seat.....duh~it is not my favourite

As for his family, his mum, Laura, was meeting me for the sencd time so there wasn't much of a problem. Henri, his stepdad, is a nice man, trying as hard to recall his English that was learnt 20 years ago and trying as much to speak to me. The dog, is more his mum's dog, so let's just leave it as it is. Oh, and Mark, his younger brother came with his girlfriend, Amy, to visit. Hahaha .... That girl is even more afraid of the dog than me!! Well, Mark doesn't look as cute in person than on photo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home